International Drâa-Tafilalet Mining Conference (DTMC), the largest and only international mining conference and exhibition to be held in Drâa-Tafilalet region in East Morocco, is honoured that HE Aziz Rabbah, Morocco’s Minister of Energy, Mines & Sustainable Development will deliver the government keynote address at the event.
HE Aziz Rabbah, the former Minister of Equipment, Transport and Logistics since January 2012, was appointed as Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development in April 2017. His presence signifies the government’s commitment to promote the mining potential of the Drâa-Tafilalet region.
Other major speakers expected at DTMC 2019 and topics to be discussed
Besides the Minister, Mr El Habib Choubani, President of the Council of Drâa-Tafilalet region since 2015, will also be speaking on the mining opportunities in the region.
Other topics to be discussed at the DTMC event by various speakers include:
- Baryte market – Global industry analysis and forecast
- Special outlook on phosphate, lead, zinc and other minerals
- Fossils and meteorites investment opportunities
- Understand developments in baryte supply value chain and sector applications
- Artisanal and small miners – how to further support and develop this sector?
- Building trust and confidence of foreign investors – roles played by government and industry players
- Latest technologies in mining
- Importance of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business partnerships – finding out the solution for success in company collaborations
Growing participation and support from Moroccan and international stakeholders
With 2 months to the event, Moroccan and international companies have already confirmed their place at DTMC 2019 to showcase their product and services. These include:
- Baso Global, a Dubai based manufacturer and trader of commodities with specialisation in oil drilling, energy and metals sector
- CADEX Group, a Moroccan based group of companies specialising in a range of explosive products for mine blasting
More companies, including major Moroccan mining stakeholders, are to confirm in the coming weeks. DTMC 2019 is thus expected to exceed the initial target of 30 exhibitors.
Support has also been strong from global partners such as the British Chamber of Commerce for Morocco, German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Morocco and Mining Review Africa magazine. There has also been sustained interest and enquiries from international delegates and journalists keen to discover and explore the mining potential of this region in Morocco.
How to be a part of International Drâa-Tafilalet Mining Conference (DTMC) 2019
There are still opportunities to sponsor, exhibit, speak or attend as a delegate for this event. Special government and early bird rates are also available. Enquiries can be sent to: [email protected] and more information is also available on the website: https://www.dtmconference.com