Danfoss, a global market leader in engineering solutions across the fields of heating, cooling, drives and power solutions, will be hosting a webinar on 07 July 2021, on the topic of medium-voltage (MV) drives and their application to the mining industry.
Claudio Baccarelli, Medium Voltage Drives Director, will be presenting some of the company’s most industry-leading and cutting-edge solutions, together with interesting international case studies.
“Mining, together with mining technology, continues to play an important role around the world, including in South Africa,” says Baccarelli. “The sector has a central role to play in global economies, creating jobs and generating tax revenue. Companies are increasingly relying on climate-friendly and energy-efficient machines and plants, and Danfoss has a significant offering in this regard to help make mining technology more energy-efficient, for example through alternative drives and reduced energy consumption.
“Even as we look towards a more climate-friendly present and future, raw materials remain an indispensable part of industry. For example, we see a rising demand for copper for use in renewable energy projects and electric vehicles. Conventional petrol or diesel-powered cars contain around eight to 22 kilograms of copper, while a battery-powered electrical vehicle contains over 80 kilograms, which is a significant increase in requirement. There is a clear need to continue expanding copper supplies, and it could count close to one million tonnes a year until 2050 to meet an expected potential demand of 60 million tonnes, while the nickel and cobalt markets are facing similar supply deficits over the next few decades. Danfoss has a significant role to play globally with our MV drives for industrial applications, which are configurable, versatile and reliable.”
The presentation will include information on the following solutions from the Danfoss MV drives family:
- VACON® 1000 Enclosed Drive: A multi-level variable speed drive for general purpose applications focusing on variable torque loads.
- VACON® 3000 Drive Kit: A modular MV drive that offers a new dimension of application engineering for industrial applications to Danfoss channel partners.
- VACON® 3000 Enclosed Drive: Robust, state of the art and ready to run enclosed drive solution for End Customers and EPCs based on the VACON® 3000 Drive Kit.
The applications of Danfoss solutions in the mining arena are legion and include the following:
- Above ground applications: conveyors and long conveyors; stackers; dewatering pump skids; ball mills; flotation cells; apron feeders, conveyors, slurry pumps; process water feed pumps; excavators; primary ventilation fans; booster fans; crushers and river water pumps
- Underground applications: conveyors; mine ventilation fans; pumps and hoists.
“Danfoss Drives has one of the most innovative MV drives offerings available globally, and our product portfolio is available to expand the possibilities for medium voltage applications. During my presentation I will demonstrate the great features we have in our product portfolio, which are able to ensure that our customers will be exposed to flexibility, reliability, and creativeness as never before done with an MV drive, with particular reference to the mining industry,” he concludes.
To join the webinar: Click here.