His Excellency Edgar Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia, has been confirmed to deliver the Official Welcome Speech during the Opening Ceremony of ZIMEC 2019. Now on its ninth edition, ZIMEC, the Zambia International Mining and Energy Conference, is Zambia’s longest running event covering the developments in Zambia’s Mining and Energy sectors. ZIMEC 2019 will take place 13 – 14 June 2019 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Lusaka, Zambia.
Following this important confirmation, Managing Director of AME Trade and Project Lead for ZIMEC 2019, Dan Coberman said, “Of course we’re excited by the presence of His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zambia. It is an enormous privilege but it also highlights what many in the industry already know, ZIMEC is Zambia’s most important event for the Mining and Energy sectors. It is simply the best knowledge sharing and networking experience in the country.”
Under the theme, “Creating an attractive investment framework to catalyse Zambia’s mining & energy sectors” ZIMEC 2019 will feature panel discussions, project and technology presentations highlighting Zambia’s potential and opportunities for investment, as well as exploring the synergies between the Mining and Energy industries. Some of the confirmed speakers include:
- Richard Musukwa, Minister of Mines and Minerals Development, Republic of Zambia
- Matthew Nkhuwa, Minister of Energy, Republic of Zambia
- Goodwell Mateyo, President, Chamber of Mines, Zambia
- Raymond Mpundu, Chairman, Energy Regulatory Board, Zambia
- Frank Dixon Mugyenyi, Head of Mineral Resources, African Union Commission
- John Gladston, Government Affairs Manager, First Quantum Minerals Limited
- Blessing Chitsenga, Founder and CEO, 12K Energy
- Brian Kelly, Founder and CEO, Virunga Power
- Ana Hajduka, Founder & CEO, Africa GreenCo
- Robert Lowin, Managing Director, VULKAN South Africa
ZIMEC 2019 is being officially sponsored by 12k Energy, First Quantum Minerals, Vulkan Drive Tech and PwC. The event is organized by AME Trade Ltd, with the support of the Government of the Republic of Zambia and the Zambia Chamber of Mines.